And boy do I have goals. Loads of them. They might take an entire day to list out. (I might be over exaggerating here, but run with it). I have long-term dreams that I hope to achieve and short-term ones. Usually I don’t have the patience to see them through, but they are still there, nibbling at my brain like little goal zombies. I decided to share them. So here goes…
- Be a bestselling author. (I see this can be short or long-term depending on how well my stories are received, whether I am putting out a quality story, and if I’m being productive enough to keep the stories coming)
- Do something silly everyday. (Definitely short-term. Remember when you were a kid and you would laugh about nothing at all? Or you would dance around the house in your underwear like you were Madonna or Tom Cruise in Risky Business sliding across the floor? That kind of silliness, I think keeps the stresses of the world from consuming us whole)
- See my Moonlight Trilogy come to fruition. (To be honest, I have to say long-term on this one, but it is definitely an in progress goal. First book is gearing up for release. Second book has been started, and the idea for the third is in the back of my mind)
- Be more active in causes. (In progress and can be achieved short-term, but should be long-term as well. One way or another we should show support for the things we believe in. Either through participating in a walk or sleep in, or donating our time. I’m kicking this off with the Komen Race for the Cure, only in my case I’m Sleeping in for the Cure – hey I’m a mom who is typically an early riser and so are the zombie twins)
- Try to be a better blogger. (Short and long-term. Ah yes…this one has been an ongoing struggle and you’ve watched me. You’ve endured the pain and suffering. I hope to ease that. But I want to blog to blog, not out of obligation or because I have a ‘theme’ day schedule that must be adhered to. My space…my rules right? Right! Therefore, you never know what I may blog about. I do love interviews though. I surely will do more of those)
- Enjoy everyday. (No one is promised a forever and happily ever after is what you make of it..so make it good. I’m going to say this is another that falls into both short and long-term)
Actually, as I review this list which only scratches the surface of what I aim to achieve in life, there are many goals that can easily fall into both short-term and long-term. I say this because some can be achieved on a short-term, but should be ongoing. Goals that might need to be revisited to gauge your progress or to take stock of where you may be falling short. The thing is to have the goals to begin with and make yourself accountable to them. I’m off to start mine…what are some of your goals?