You know how some people have a bucket list? Others have a wish list or a ‘things to do someday’ list? I never really thought I fell into that category. Maybe because the ‘non-list’ is in my head and broken up into categories and in some circumstances…subcategories. So as I realized I do in fact have a list, of sorts, I figured I’d share. So here goes:
1. Shoot a variety of different guns to get a feel for them. I am a firm believer that you can research and interview people to get an idea of how something works, but in essence, you really can’t describe what it feels like until you experience it yourself. Having a father who appreciates and respects guns, I know he will be behind me on this adventure.
2. This kind of feeds into the first one… I’d like to shoot a bow and arrow. Oooh and a crossbow while I’m at it. Luckily, we have a shooting park here where I may be able to do just that (along with indulging in the first item on my list).
3. Ride in a race car. I’m not gutsy enough to want to get behind the wheel. Having control of that much horsepower and a license to drive fast could be dangerous. Or I could chicken out. Of course, riding in the race car is still a big step for me because I get nervous when my sister drives. Again, in luck. Richard Petty Driving Experience here at the local racetrack.
4. Ride a horse. I was lucky enough to ride a horse once in my life. I was young. The horse didn’t listen to me and I wasn’t smarter than the horse. Haven’t been on one since. I know some friends that might be able to make this happen for me, though it would require some travel on my part. What? An excuse to travel and take something off the list? A win-win scenario in my book.
5. Learn martial arts. Totally do-able I know, but where to fit it into my already crowded schedule? I think it is safe to say, this can be achieved if I can just work out the details and the schedule.
So there you have it. A short list of some things I’d like to do in my lifetime. What is on your short list? Anyone learning to fly?