Encyclopedia of Science Education
Encyclopedia of Science Education - Encyclopedia of Science Education par From Springer a été vendu pour £449.50 chaque copie. Inscrivez-vous maintenant pour accéder à des milliers de livres disponibles en téléchargement gratuit. L’inscription était gratuite.
- Titre de livre: Encyclopedia of Science Education
- ISBN: 9400721498
- Auteur: From Springer
The Encyclopedia of Science Education provides a comprehensive international reference work covering the range of methodologies, perspectives, foci, and cultures of this field of inquiry, and to do so via contributions from leading researchers from around the globe. Because of the frequent ways in which scholarship in science education has led to developments in other curriculum areas, the encyclopedia has significance beyond the field of science education. The Encyclopedia of Science Education is aimed at graduate students, researchers, developers in science education and science education research. The topics to be covered encompass all areas of science education and it includes biographical entries on science educators, as well as educators whose work has had an impact on science education as a research field.
“Encyclopedia of Science Education offers an authoritative set of shorter essays suitable for introducing and explaining myriad topics to a wider range of readers. By its nature, the Encyclopedia provides on an order of magnitude more articles than found in a handbook and is therefore likely to meet the needs of those working in science education when they are looking for a quick briefing on key ideas about some theme or other.” (Keith S. Taber, Teacher Development, Vol. 21 (2), July, 2016)
Professor Gunstone is now Emeritus Professor. Previously he was Professor of Science and Technology Education, and Director (and founder) of the Monash-King's College (London) International Centre for the Study of Science and Mathematics Curriculum. He is a Fellow of the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia and a Life Member of the Science Teachers' Association of Victoria. He has extensive research, development and consultancy experience in learning, teaching, curriculum, assessment, and teacher development, in school and undergraduate science, physics, engineering (and to a lesser extent medicine) contexts.
Professor Gunstone has published widely in these areas, including fourteen books (two translated into Japanese and one into Chinese, one in Portuguese; currently 2 more books in preparation), 45 book chapters and over 140 refereed research papers. He is frequently invited to address international research conferences; in the last decade: Japanese Society for Science Education (Chiba), New Zealand Science Education Forum (Christchurch), Science and Mathematics Teachers Seminar Singapore Youth Science Festival, International Workshop on New Developments in the Teaching of Physics (Puebla, Mexico), International Conference on Secondary Science Curricula (Bahrain), International Conference on Physics Education in Cultural Contexts (Cheongwon, Korea), Conference of the Groupe International de Recherche sur l'Enseignement de la Physique (Physics Teacher Education Beyond 2000; Barcelona), International Cooperative Study on Children's Views of Science (Hiroshima, Japan), Annual Convention of the Japan Curriculum Research and Development Association (Hiroshima), OECD conference on Challenge and Change in Science, Mathematics and Technology Education (Canberra), International Conference on Science Education - Moving Towards Worldwide Science Education Standards (Seoul, Korea).
He has given research and policy advice to, and undertaken evaluations for, universities in many countries, national and international research bodies, national and international education systems and other stake holders. More recent examples include:
· 2010 Visiting Professor Autonomous University of Barcelona
· 2009-11 External Assessor Universiti Sains Malaysia
· 2006-8 External Examiner Dept of Mathematics and Science Education, University of Brunei Darussalam
· 2006 Participant in invited National Science Foundation/National Research Council (USA) project to develop a science education research agenda for the next decade (only participant from outside North America)
· 2004-5 Development of science standards for new Victorian science curriculum P-10
· 2002: Bahrain Department of Education on science curriculum, teaching and assessment
· 1997-1999: NSW Board of Studies for development of new curricula for science (yrs 7-10) and physics (yrs 11-12)
· 1996-8: Australian Academy of Science for policy and action on secondary science curricula
· 1997: Evaluation of school science education programs in Mozambique, for Swedish International Development Cooperation, Dept for Democracy and Social Development, Sweden
· 1996: Development work and guidance for a number of science and mathematics curriculum development projects funded by the Netherlands Government in Southern Africa
· 1996-7: Member Working Party for Australian Science, Technology and Engineering Council study on primary school science and technology, to develop advice for Federal Minister of Education
He has extensive experience in evaluation of researchers, and research project and development project applications, and consequent funding allocations: Australian Research Council & National Health and Medical Research Council (Australia) European Commission (each of FP5, FP6, FP7) National Science Foundation (USA) National Research Foundation (South Africa) Israel Science Foundation Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada National Research Council Canada Wellcome Trust (UK).
- Amazon Sales Rank: #4159185 in Books
- Brand: Springer
- Published on: 2016-04-18
- Released on: 2016-04-18
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 2
- Dimensions: 10.30" h x 2.80" w x 7.40" l,
- Binding: Hardcover
- 1120 pages