Yes, it is that time again to look back on the year and see how I did against my goals and plan for the new year. This has been a year full of challenges and some serious soul searching with my work and the direction I wanted to take with my writing career. I’ve allowed other things keep me from doing what I love in the past and this year I really struggled to find that work/writing/life balance. Have I figured out the magical potion to make that all happen? Unfortunately, I must answer no. However, I do know that I managed to accomplish a few things that are nothing short of wonderful in my writing career.
- Published Frost as a holiday novella after expanding it from a short 1500 word story.
- Finished the first book of the McGregors series and have a contract with Astraea Press.
- Just finished (literally) the first book in my Saints and Sinners series, A Soul to Keep. This will be heading out to the publisher this evening.
- Have request for submission for Bewitching Ways which was pitched to Astraea Press during a pitch contest. Very thrilled to potentially have a home for it.
When I look at my short list, I can’t help but feel pleased at what I’ve accomplished this year. It feels like I’m on track. Heading somewhere with this dream. To keep it moving forward, I have to set new goals. Plan for the new year. So what am I looking at for 2014?
- Finish Bewitching Ways
- Write the second Moonlight Series book (yes, I realize it is long overdue).
- Write the second McGregor book. Ian’s story is up next!
- Write second holiday novella for the Holly Chronicles for release by end of year.
Yes, there are only writing goals on this list. I have specific stories I would like to see completed by end of 2014. If I can achieve more…fantastic. However, as a writer, if I’m not writing then who am I? These are the goals that will help push me forward (well the goals along with the readers and critique partners). What do you have planned to accomplish in the new year?